Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the legal agreement ("supply agreement") under which we, Cotton Roots will supply to you goods and items ("goods") which you have ordered from us and we have agreed to supply to you.
- Each order will constitute a separate supply agreement between us.
- A supply agreement is made only upon these terms and conditions. No additional, or alternative, terms or conditions will apply to a supply agreement unless we and you, between us, through our authorised representatives, agree otherwise in writing.
- We will be entitled to cancel a supply agreement at any time if you have exceeded or will (as a result of the supply agreement in question or otherwise) exceed any authorised credit limit with us, or if any invoices rendered to you for goods previously supplied are overdue.
- Specification of goods
- All descriptions and other details provided in relation to goods are subject to confirmation by us and may be changed without notice. All sizes are approximate "to fit" sizes and are given as a general guidance only. Colours, shades, materials and sizes of goods may vary to a minor extent from those illustrated.
- All goods are subject to availability. We may cancel a supply agreement, or offer suitable alternative items, if the goods ordered are out of stock or no longer available.
- We will rely upon your orders being correct in entering into a supply agreement and reserve the right to refuse to take back goods which are ordered in error or are no longer required. Any such goods returned to us by agreement must be returned to us within twenty working days of agreement, undamaged unmarked and unused. You are to pay us a handling charge equivalent to 15% of the invoice value of the returned goods, plus VAT.
- Prices and payment
- The price for the goods ("the contract price") shall be the price or prices specified by us in any relevant quotation tender or estimate or (if there is no such quotation tender or estimate) shall be the price or prices specified in our price list current at the date of order. We reserve the right to revise our prices at any time without prior notice.
- Unless we expressly state otherwise in writing, all prices are ex-works and are exclusive of carriage postage packaging insurance value added tax and any levy or other tax which may be payable in respect of the goods.
- You are to pay the contract price plus carriage postage and any other ex works items specified in the invoice within thirty days after the relevant invoice has been sent to you. Payment is to be made in full in pounds sterling in cash or in cleared funds.
- We will be entitled to charge you interest at 3% above the base rate from time to time of The Royal Bank of Scotland (or such other clearing bank as we may nominate to you in writing) on all amounts payable by you under a supply agreement which are not paid when due from the time when those amounts first became payable up until the time when they are paid in full and whether that is before or after a court judgement.
- Any payments received from you for goods supplied may be appropriated by us and applied towards discharging any amounts owed to us by you in respect of any goods previously supplied where payment is overdue and if so applied will not be deemed to have been received for the goods for which those amounts were tendered.
- If you pay by credit, we reserve the right to make an additional charge to cover any additional administrative expense which we may thereby incur.
- Cotton Roots may grant the facility of a credit account on receiving two satisfactory trade references and bank references. We will also consider where appropriate from time to time, searching your record at Credit Reference Agencies. We also reserve the right to withdraw credit facilities without prior notice.
- Delivery and/or collection
- Delivery of the goods will be deemed to have taken place:-
- Upon you collecting them from our premises, which you must do within two working days after we notify you that the goods are ready for collection (if the goods are to be collected by you). Collection times are between 9am and 5pm on a working day.
- Immediately upon us delivering the goods to any agreed or usual place for delivery (if we are to deliver the goods)
- Immediately upon us posting them (if we are to deliver them by post) You must accept delivery of all goods which are in good condition and which are as ordered.
- If we are to deliver the goods to you (other than by post) within mainland UK then we will arrange for delivery to be made to the agreed or usual place of delivery by 5.30pm on the next working day following the date of despatch.
- If we are to deliver the goods to you by post then we will post them to you by first class post.
- If we are to deliver the goods to a non mainland UK address then we will use all reasonable efforts to deliver within two working days after the date of order.
- Unless we agree otherwise in writing, all delivery dates are estimated dates which we will use reasonable endeavours to achieve. We may deliver the goods to you in advance of any agreed or estimated delivery dates if we give you reasonable prior notice of early delivery.
- If you fail to take delivery of the goods or to give us sufficient instructions to enable us to deliver them, then we may:-
- Store the goods at your risk until actual delivery and charge you for the additional costs which we may incur as a result of your failure or
- Invoice you for the goods and upon not less than three working days notice to that effect, sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable. If we do that then you are to pay us the amount of the invoice and the reasonable costs of storage and sale minus the proceeds of sale (which we may use towards settlement of the invoice) or
- Cancel the relevant supply agreement
- If we deliver the wrong, or damaged, goods to you then you are to notify us within forty eight hours of delivery giving us full details of the damaged or incorrect goods. We will accept returns of such damaged or incorrect goods notified to us in writing within the relevant time period and will give you the option of a refund or replacement goods. Refunds or replacements claimed outside of the relevant time period will be at our discretion. We will collect the damaged or incorrect goods from your premises.
- You are to notify us in writing of non delivery of part of a consignment within three working days of the delivery, and of non delivery of the whole of a consignment within three working days of the date upon which delivery was scheduled to take place. If you notify us of non delivery within the stated time limits then we will give you the option of a credit or a further delivery of the missing goods. If you do not notify us within the stated time limits then we shall not be liable to you for non delivery.
- Ownership of Goods
- We retain ownership of the goods until the price of them has been paid in full. Until ownership of the goods has passed to you, you must:
On request you must produce the policy of insurance to us.
- hold the goods on a fiduciary basis as our bailee;
- store the goods (at no cost to us) separately from all other goods of yours or any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as our property;
- not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the goods; and
- maintain the goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured on our behalf for their full price against all risks to our reasonable satisfaction.
- If you:
Then you must cease at once to use any of our goods not then paid for and must return to us any of them remaining in your possession on request. On asking for them in writing we are entitled, without incurring any liability to you, to enter your premises and remove and re-sell such of our goods as are to be found there.
- do not pay any invoice of ours within 7 days after it has become due or
- pass or call a meeting to pass a resolution for liquidation, or a petition for liquidation, administration or bankruptcy is presented against you, or
- become subject to a liquidation, administration or bankruptcy order, or to any distress or execution on or receivership over any of your assets or make an arrangement with your creditors.
- Nothing gives you the right to return the goods without our consent, except in accordance with our returns policy referred to in paragraph 6.
- You may return unused goods for full credit to your account up to 14 days after delivery, so long as they are not made to order, tabbed or personalised in any way, have not been worn, or altered, are still in the original packaging and otherwise fit to be returned to stock.
- We will not provide any refunds or credit for non-defective goods more than 14 days after the date of delivery. In exceptional circumstances and at our sole discretion we may accept garments after 14 days. In this instance we will charge a re-stocking charge of 10% of the value of the goods to cover our reasonable costs.
- Garments need to be returned to us carriage paid together with a written note enclosed quoting the invoice number and stating the reason for the garments being returned.
- Where faulty goods are returned to us for replacement, we reserve the right to credit or refund their price instead of replacing them.
- Where returning goods to us, you must retain proof of postage until we supply you with a credit note confirming that we have received the returned goods.
- Samples will be invoiced to you on dispatch and will be repaid or credited in full provided they are returned to us carriage paid, unused and within 14 days of delivery otherwise the price, including any applicable carriage and VAT becomes immediately payable.
- Risk property and insurance
- All risk in the goods (including their loss or destruction) will pass to you:-
- Immediately upon the date when delivery takes place (or would have taken place but for your act or default)
- Immediately upon the goods leaving our premises (if we are to deliver them to a third party at your request)
- Immediately upon the goods having been posted (if you request delivery the goods by post using an unsigned service)
- The property in and title to the goods will not pass to you until we have received payment in full of all amounts due to us in respect of the goods and of all amounts due in respect of other goods previously delivered and invoiced to you.
- Warranties and Conditions
- We undertake that the goods will, in all material respects, comply with any general description which we may have submitted to you, will be of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for the purpose for which they were manufactured subject to normal usage. Unless specifically stated otherwise, all garments are for leisure, and not sports use.
- Exclusion / limitation of our liability to you
- With the exception of death or personal injury caused by our negligence (for which there will be no limitation) our liability to you is limited to the invoice value (not including VAT) of the goods which fail to comply with the express undertaking given in condition 6 above. You agree that, in return for the undertakings given in condition 6 all warranties representations guarantees conditions and other terms which would be implied into a supply agreement by law are excluded.
- We will not be deemed to be in breach of this supply agreement if we are unable to comply with our contractual obligations because of any event or circumstance which is in any way wholly or primarily beyond our control or not due to our act or default and in any such event or circumstance we will be entitled to extend the time for complying with our obligations under a supply agreement by a reasonable time and (if we are still not able to comply with our obligations after such reasonable extension) either of us may thereafter terminate the supply agreement in question by written notice to the other.
- We will not be liable to you for loss of profits or of a market or for any type of special indirect or consequential loss.
- Intellectual property rights
- All copyrights trademarks patents and other industrial or intellectual property rights which may arise as a result of, or be displayed or incorporated in, any written or printed material or any brochure which we may produce either our property or that of third parties and is not to be reproduced used or exploited in any manner whatsoever. You will indemnify us from and against all costs claims and liabilities which we may suffer incur as a result of you using reproducing or exploiting any such industrial or intellectual property rights without the consent of the proprietor.
- General matters
- A supply agreement shall be governed by the Laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts of Law.
- A working day is any day from Monday to Friday except for Good Friday Easter Monday Christmas Day and any statutory bank or public holiday.
- We both agree that these terms and conditions strike a reasonable balance between our respective interests. If any of these terms and conditions shall be invalid or unenforceable for any reason then that shall not affect the validity of the remainder of these terms and conditions which will remain in full force and effect but as if any such invalid or unenforceable term or condition had never formed part of it.
We are composed of the exact same atomic
matter as the mightiest mountains on this
planet and the brightest stars in the galaxy
Bradley Greive - The meaning of life
The T shirts have arrived! They look fantastic. These will go like hot cakes. My compliments to the chef....!
SUPPLIERS OF CLOTHING EMBROIDERED OR PRINTED WITH YOUR LOGO
Cotton Roots is an established supplier of clothing which has an emphasis on quality garments alongside strong ethical and sustainable manufacture.
We believe in our motto “Company clothing with moral fibre”.
Each garment clearly shows any certifications each product has - just look at the icons above each image in the catalogue. We passionately support the principles of Fairtrade and are Fairtrade licensees ourselves.
Our Fairtrade, organic, Fair Wear, Fair Labour , sustainable range of clothing includes:- polo shirts, t shirts, jackets, fleece, aprons, caps shirts and blouses.
The branding of your garments with your company or organisations logo is part of our expertise. Top quality sustainably sourced thread is used. Where ever possible we use good quality water based inks for screen printed design.
Our blog gives an insight into the manufacture of our own brand Cotton Roots from the cotton farmer in India right through the delivery to our customers.